Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 50 minutes
2 cups flour
5 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon yeast
2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup warm water
2 cups coconut milk
Oil for frying
– In a medium bowl add warm water, salt, sugar and yeast. Set aside for 10 minutes.
– Add coconut milk, then add flour and mix with your hand or mixer, add desiccated coconut. Mix well until fully incorporated.
– Set the mixture in a warm place to rise or double in size for about 1 hour or more.
– In a saucepan heat oil of about 7 centimeters high at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
– The dough is going to be sticky, so use your hand to grab little at a time an drop in the oil.
– Allow to fry on medium heat for few minutes until the bottom side is golden brown then you flip to the other side and fry for few minutes until golden brown.
– Remove and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.