Unripe plantain is a very popular snacks in Nigeria. It is made from unripe (green) plantain. Unripe plantain chips are crunchy and tasty.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
4 green plantains
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
– Peel and cut the plantains with a sharp knife or slicer. Slice plantain thinly.
– Sprinkle the plantain with salt.
– Preheat oil in the frying pan or deep fryer.
– Fry the plantain for about 3 to 5 minutes or until they are golden brown.
– Remove the plantain from the oil and place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
– Repeat the process until all plantains are fried.
– After cutting the plantain into thin slices, put in a bowl and add about 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil.
– sprinkle the plantain with salt
– Toss till plantain slices are well coated.
– Arrange the sliced plantain on a parchment paper.
– Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.