To make mayonnaise at home you only need 4 ingredients, a blender, a jar or a bowl. Making mayonnaise is a much healthier option since there are no preservatives or chemicals used.
Mayonnaise contains eggs, which are good source of high quality protein. More than half the protein of an egg is found in the egg white. It also contains olive oil; which is a healthy mono unsaturated fats. Mayonnaise also contains vinegar; which reduces cholesterol, lower blood sugar level.
• 1 large raw egg (at room temperature)
• 150ml olive oil
• 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Wash the egg thoroughly, break and separate the yolk from the egg white.
• Pour the egg white into a blender, blend for 15 seconds.
• Add the salt, olive oil and Vinegar or lemon juice and blend until the ingredients are well Incorporated.
• You should have a stiff and smooth consistency.
• Pour in a container. Store in the fridge. It can last up to 3 days.